The Lighter Side
April 24, 2015 Published by Rajesh Goel
A guy was hitch-hiking on a very dark and stormy night. Suddenly he saw a car roll slowly toward him and stop.
He jumped into the back seat and closed the door. Then realized there was nobody behind the wheel. But the car started slowly rolling forward again.
He was really freaked out when he noticed that a mysterious hand appeared just before every curve.
The guy jumped out of the car and ran to the nearest town. In shock, he went to a restaurant and started telling everybody about the horrible experience he just went through.
Then two guys walked into the same restaurant. Looking around for a table one said, “Hey, look, isn’t that the jerk who got in the car when we were pushing it?”
An Engineer’s Conversion Factors
1. Ratio of an igloo’s circumference to its diameter = Eskimo Pi
2. 2000 pounds of Chinese Soup = Won ton
3. Time it takes to sail 220 yards at 1 nautical mile per hour = Knotfurlong
4. Half a large intestine: = 1 semicolon
5. 1,000,000 aches = 1 megahurtz
6. 1000 grams of wet socks = 1 literhosen
7. 1 trillion pins = 1 terrapin
8. 10 rations = 1 decaration
9. 100 rations = 1 C-Ration
10. 2 monograms = 1 diagram
11. 8 nickels = 2 paradigms
12. Basic unit of laryngitis = 1 hoarsepower