Protecting You: Not holding Your Information Hostage
April 24, 2015
Throughout my career, I have met with a lot of firms and in case after case, we see the same thing.
The IT company holds the client’s information hostage.
You know what I’m talking about.
- Who has all the passwords? The IT company
- Who has all the warranty data? The IT company
- Who has all your software license information? The IT company
And what happens when you ask them for it? In almost every case, the IT vendor has said a variation of the following:
1) We don’t have this information
2) Yeah, we have it. But it will cost you 5, 10, 20, 50 billable hours for me to gather it.
This is MADNESS!
Your information is owned by you and belongs to you. The IT vendor can be the custodian, but you are the owner.
Demand that your IT vendor keeps all your documentation up to date, and demand copies of it from them.
At Brainlink, we live by this principle. ALL client data is owned by the client. All SOPs, documentation, vendor information, licenses, passwords that are purchased by you belong to you.
We record it, we track it, and we deliver it to you in your RunBook.
If you would like to see what a complete RunBook looks like and why you should have one, give me a call at 917-685-7731 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.