Going forward, as we surf the edge of chaos and embrace disruptive technologies while relishing the management of paradox and ambiguity in our adaptive enterprises, my intention is to wish you a Merry Christmas and/or Happy Chanukah and/or Happy Kwanzaa.
You may not know that Christmas and/or Channukah and/or Kwanzaa are approaching, so I wanted
- to give you a heads-up
- keep you in the loop
- put it on your radar
- flag it for your attention.
Our consultants have reviewed a selection of world’s best wishes, and – in line with best practice – have selected the best of breed to create a sufficiently granular yet clear, consistent and unified message aligned with our vision and core values.
I hope that you are not offended by the fact that I am wishing you Merry Christmas and/or Happy Chanukah and/or Happy Kwanzaa. The disclaimer below will, I hope, suffice. If not, I suggest we enter into a meaningful dialogue, offline.
After all, we are all stakeholders in this festive period, and we need to harness the synergy that exists between us. The Internet’s core message is one of citizen empowerment and is breeding a can-do culture amongst many diverse cultures.
From me (“the wishor”) to you (hereinafter called “the wishee”): Please accept without obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all, and a financially successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally-accepted calendar year 2015, but with due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures or sects, and having regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform or dietary preference of the wishee.
By accepting this greeting you are bound by these terms, that:
- this greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal
- this greeting is freely transferable provided that no alteration shall be made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of the wishor are acknowledged
- this greeting implies no promise by the wishor to actually implement any of the wishes
- this greeting may not be enforceable in certain jurisdictions and/or the restrictions herein may not be binding upon certain wishees in certain jurisdictions and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wishor
- nothing in this greeting shall be taken as endorsing an increase in the wishee’s carbon footprint, to wit, excessive display of incandescent coloured lighting, especially flashing, or the harvesting of new-growth pine forest plantations for decorative purposes
- this greeting is warranted to perform as reasonably may be expected within the usual application of good tidings, for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first.