The Lighter Side
February 12, 2014 Published by Rajesh Goel
Amazing Facts About Love
February is traditionally love month, so here are some random love facts (or myths) that might surprise you:
- People are more likely to tilt their heads to the right when kissing instead of the left (65% of people go to the right!).
- Falling in love can induce a calming effect on the body and mind and raises levels of nerve-growth factor for about a year, which helps to restore the nervous system and improves the lover’s memory.
- Love can also exert the same stress on your body as deep fear. You see the same physiological responses – pupil dilation, sweaty palms and increased heart rate.
- Philadelphia International Airport finished as the No. 1 best airport for making a love connection, according to a recent survey.
- Men who kiss their wives in the morning live five years longer than those who don’t.
- People who are newly in love produce decreased levels of the hormone serotonin – as low as levels seen in people with obsessive-compulsive disorder. Perhaps that’s why it’s so easy to feel obsessed when you’re smitten.
- According to mathematical theory, we should date a dozen people before choosing a long-term partner; that provides the best chance that you’ll make a love match.