Protecting You: Has Your IT Provider Broken Your Heart?
March 03, 2015 Published by Rajesh Goel
One of our favorite clients is a financial firm that went through significant changes during the financial meltdown and the improving aftermath.
During the recession, they had cut backs, head count dropped, and they became a small-fry to their IT provider.
As a result, their IT provider started ignoring them.
During the on-boarding, I conducted a 2 week assessment and discovered the following:
- Several critical systems had not been patched or updated in 8 months
- Several servers and most desktops were out of warranty
- The equipment was underpowered for staff needs
- The single Time Warner cable circuit was insufficient
- The 7-year old firewalls were slowing down trades and deal flow data
It’s taken us a year of careful planning, and we’ve finally managed to:
- Implement a proper, complete BACKUP AND DISASTER RECOVERY system
- Replace the firewalls
- Build and test their DISASTER RECOVERY PROTOCOL
- Replace the old, failing systems with new, high performance ones
- Improved their security
- Improved their SEC Cybersecurity compliance posture
- Increased staff satisfaction
If your firewalls are older than your kids, give me a call.
If your IT provider is giving you the cold shoulder, know that you will receive a WARM WELCOME at Brainlink!
Feel free to call me at 917-685-7731 or visit http://brainlink.wpengine.com/bl-network-audit to schedule an appointment.