As a part of their annual effort in collecting data from investigations and various third party contributors, Verizon has recently released their annual Data Breach Investigations Report (DBIR). The 85-page report details a vast range of data regarding the number of digital security breaches occurring in businesses worldwide last year, with notable findings that include:
- The vast majority of attacks (75%) were financially motivated.
- Phishing is the main method of hacking that should concern non-retail businesses and organizations.
- Use of ransomware is on the rise and should be considered a growing threat to businesses.
- The rate of instances where the user or employee is victimized has doubled in the past six years.
Not only does the data show that financial institutions such as yours are at greatest risk, but furthermore that your employees are often what can make it so vulnerable to hackers. Ransomware and phishing tactics all rely on a member of the targeted business to (unwittingly) take part in the scheme by opening suspicious emails, downloading attachments, or performing other tasks on behalf of the hackers.
That’s why it’s so important to ensure your IT security measures — including employee training, awareness, and procedures — are up to snuff. The best possible way to do so is with a regular, comprehensive security assessment, and Brainlink wants to help you do just that.
Why Choose Brainlink?
Our industry-leading team of cybersecurity experts has extensive experience in helping financial businesses such as yours to shore up their IT security. We’ll perform a complete assessment of your system and employees in order to find any vulnerabilities that may exist, after which we’ll develop clear solutions to address them.
If you’re still not convinced, take a few minutes to learn more about Brainlink and our founder Raj Goel’s work in cybersecurity:
- “Eat, Sleep, Surveil, Repeat”
- Your Bespoke Technology Partner
- Is Lazarus Behind the Bangladesh Bank Hack?
- Why Apple Is Fighting the FBI’s iPhone Demand?
- Should the gov’t share its hacking skills with Apple?
- Microsoft vs. US Government
Learn from last year’s many cybercrime incidents so that you’re not at risk to repeat them. Reach out to Brainlink at (917) 685-7731 or email@example.com today to schedule your security assessment.