The Lighter Side: Truly Random Facts
August 28, 2013 Published by Rajesh Goel
- If you have 3 quarters, 4 dimes, and 4 pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.
- The numbers ‘172’ can be found on the back of the U.S. $5 dollar bill in the bushes at the base of the Lincoln Memorial.
- President Kennedy was the fastest random speaker in the world with upwards of 350 words per minute.
- In the average lifetime, a person will walk the equivalent of 5 times around the equator.
- Rhode Island is the smallest state with the longest name. The official name, used on all state documents, is “Rhode Island and Providence Plantations.”
- When you die your hair still grows for a couple of months.Every year about 98% of the atoms in your body are replaced.
- Elephants are the only mammals that can’t jump.
- You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching TV.
- The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley’s gum.
- The word “nerd” was first coined by Dr. Seuss in “If I Ran the Zoo.”