“Cyber Criminals Are Targeting Architectural Firms.” Learn How To Protect Your Business!
When: Thursday, Oct 3, 2013
8:00 am – 10:00 AM
Where: The Friars Club
57 East 55th Street, New York, New York 10022
(55th street between Madison & Park Ave)
Who Should Attend:Founders and partners in Architectural firms who are already allowing employees to access company e-mail, files and applications via mobile devices or who are considering it. This seminar will also be highly relevant to firms facing a network upgrade, expansion or refresh within the next 6 months who want to know their options for protecting their information and growing their business.
During this seminar you will learn:
- How and Why Architects are being targeted by criminals. Cybercrime used to be limited to banks, large corporations and the military. The current generation of savvy cyber criminals is getting richer by targeting vulnerable businesses in niche markets.
- Common mistakes that architecture firms make. Learn from the mistakes your peers have made, and see how many apply to your firm.
- How to avoid being an “attractive target” Arming your employees with the knowledge to protect themselves from social engineering tactics such as phishing emails, social media, and false phone calls.
- Common misconceptions about your existing antivirus and firewalls (hint, they probably aren’t enough)
- Security threats related to cloud sharing sites like “Drop Box” and iCloud
- Financial and legal strategies to protect your bank accounts that most architects don’t know about